FoNS - Who We Are:
Friends of Neston School (FoNS) formed in 1998 and registered as a charity in 2001 with the purpose to advance the education of the pupils at Neston School with two main aims:
- Developing effective relationships between the staff, parents and others associated with the school
- Engaging in activities or providing facilities or equipment which support the School and advance the education of the pupils
Get in contact.
We are always seeking ways to improve and evolve as your children progress through the school. We welcome any new ideas and suggestions for events. To be a part of this great team please contact FoNS Chair, Harriet Thaneja, or get in touch with your class representatives:
Willow - Helena Blamire Brown
Oak - Jenny Pillinger & Jo Aldred
Silver Birch - Corinna Standen & Lisa Blackman
Hazel - Natalie Brett
Chestnut - Jacqui Wilmshurst
Maple - Morven Lamont
Beech - Sally Dellar
Further details can be found on our website.
The difference we make...
Over the past decade FoNS have provided over £70,000 of funding to the school and has paid for:
- A tyre park in the school grounds
- Bikes and ride-on toys for Early Years provision (Reception class)
- A whole school visit to LEGOLAND in 2011
- Teacher fund to support topic learning through class trips and external speakers
- The Big Party - A community celebration of Neston School's 150th Birthday in 2011
- Whiteboards and visualizers for classrooms
- Nike football kit and PVC Goalposts
- 'Short Throw' Interactive Projectors for the two new classrooms as part of the 2013 extension
- 16 laptops and 2 storage trolleys to enhance the teaching capability across the curriculum
- iPads for each teacher and a suite of iPads for classroom teaching
- The chicken shelter and run - giving 21 eggs a week, used in the school kitchen
This annual village event was started over 35 years ago by a small group of people, many of whom are still involved to the present day. More recently, the running of the event was taken on by FoNS and we organise the bonfire and fireworks with the support of a huge number of volunteers including parents, teachers, staff and friends of Neston School.